TapcisForum  

Go Back   Tapcis Web Forums > Open Forums > The Parlor

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 11th, 2021, 02:34 AM
Shani Naylor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default [Dixonary] players

Hi all

We seem to have lost a few players lately and our numbers have dwindled.
I've been thinking of putting something out on social media to see if we
can get a few new people. Of course, you never quite know who it might
attract and whether they will stick around... but does anyone have any
thoughts on this?

Shani

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...mail.gmail.com.
Reply With Quote
  View Parent  #2  
Old November 11th, 2021, 02:36 AM
Paul Keating
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: [Dixonary] players

Strongly in favour. I was considering something of the sort myself.

P

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...mail.gmail.com.
Reply With Quote
  View Parent  #3  
Old November 11th, 2021, 08:10 AM
'France International/Mike Shefler' via Dixonary
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: [Dixonary] players

I will do the same. What does a new player have to do to join?



On 11/11/2021 3:36 AM, Paul Keating wrote:




Strongly in favour. I was considering something of the sort myself.






P



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...mail.gmail.com..





--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dixonary/83578ef3-42fb-3a07-4b4d-a56631d4b506%40salsgiver.com.
Reply With Quote
  View Parent  #4  
Old November 11th, 2021, 08:51 AM
Paul Keating
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: [Dixonary] players

Go to the Google Group, express an interest in playing, & ask to join.

P

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...mail.gmail.com.
Reply With Quote
  View Parent  #5  
Old November 11th, 2021, 01:34 PM
'France International/Mike Shefler' via Dixonary
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: [Dixonary] players

How exactly does one "ask to join"?



On 11/11/2021 9:51 AM, Paul Keating wrote:




Go to the Google Group, express an interest in playing, & ask to join.






P



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...mail.gmail.com.





--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dixonary/30704b3c-b97e-8bd0-4563-5e07824d25c1%40salsgiver.com.
Reply With Quote
  View Parent  #6  
Old November 11th, 2021, 01:58 PM
Paul Keating
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: [Dixonary] players

As a member of the group already, I can't give accurate instructions. I
would see something other than newcomers see. I've asked my wife to try
it, and take screenshots. Report in train.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...mail.gmail.com.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old November 11th, 2021, 02:35 PM
Paul Keating
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: [Dixonary] players

I will ask my wife Janet to see what happens.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...mail.gmail.com.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old November 11th, 2021, 02:36 PM
Hugo Kornelis
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: [Dixonary] players

I believe (90% confident) that sending a mail to this address puts the
mail in the moderation list.

I'll try with a test mail from my alternate email.

Op 11-11-2021 om 21:30 schreef Shani Naylor:
> What happens if someone who has not joined sends an¬*email to the
> Dixonary email address? Would we see it?
>
>
>
> On Fri, 12 Nov 2021, 8:58 AM Paul Keating, <dixonary (AT) boargules (DOT) com> wrote:
>
> As a member of the group already, I can't give accurate
> instructions. I would see something other than newcomers see.¬*
> I've asked my wife to try it, and take screenshots. Report in train.
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Dixonary" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
> send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dixonary/CAHViCzCp1Qybp04k%2By5U_veM9rGWWPN6D9esV0R8kHJiqGc A-g%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=foo ter>.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Dixonary" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
> an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dixonary/CAH53O2csFyVu9vKL9scuk_DvG205vcGLC6CQtT1KJj%3DGZ%3 DapFA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source =footer>.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...40perFact.info.
Reply With Quote
  View Parent  #9  
Old November 11th, 2021, 02:41 PM
Paul Keating
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: [Dixonary] players

Go for it, Hugo.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...mail.gmail.com.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old November 12th, 2021, 06:35 AM
Tim Lodge
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: [Dixonary] players

If I go to the Dixonary Group on the Web using a different Google account
to the one I have registered, I see a link at the top of the home page
saying "ask to join group" - this leads to a form to fill in which
presumably sends an email to the moderators.

-- Tim L

On Friday, November 12, 2021 at 12:16:32 PM UTC Hugo Kornelis wrote:

> Apparently the postmaster rejeection message got delayed because my ISP
> flagged it as potential spam. Go figure.
>
> Sent within seconds after my attempt to mail the group, this was the
> delivery falied message:
>
>
> Hello hu... (AT) juti (DOT) nl,
>
> We're writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (dixonary) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group. A few more details on why you weren't able to post:
>
> * You might have spelled or formatted the group name incorrectly.
> * The owner of the group may have removed this group.
> * You may need to join the group before receiving permission to post.
> * This group may not be open to posting.
>
> If you have questions related to this or any other Google Group, visit the Help Center at https://groups.google.com/support/.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Google Groups
>
>
>
> In other words, at this time and with the current group configuration new
> players need to do "something" to sign up before they can send messages to
> the group.
>
>
> Cheers,
> Hugo
>
>
>
> Op 11-11-2021 om 21:41 schreef Paul Keating:
>
> Go for it, Hugo.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Dixonary" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to dixonary+u... (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
>
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dixonary/CAHViCzA9-zx43fN_J5MO2wus3Tcmp0FFXZDunvBLgrk7%3DwCa%3Dg%40ma il.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>
>
>


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...oglegroups.com.
Reply With Quote
  View Parent  #11  
Old November 12th, 2021, 06:40 AM
Hugo Kornelis
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: [Dixonary] players

As one of the moderators I can confirm that every now and then we get an
email where someone requests entry to the group.
I believe the form includes one field where you can specify a reason for
asking to be allowed. Some people get quite creative on that field!¬*

I don't know about the other moderators, my action if I am the first to
respond to such a request is to always allow them in (unless the reason
makes it already obvious it's a troll or spammer), but leave their
status as "moderated". This means their mails won't go out directly but
need to be released by a moderator. I switch the status to "not
moderated" once the first few mails show the account is a genuine player.
You'd be surprised how many people apply for membership and then never
send any mails.

Cheers,
Hugo

Op 12-11-2021 om 13:35 schreef Tim Lodge:
> If I go to the Dixonary Group on the Web using a different Google
> account to the one I have registered, I see a link at the top¬* of the
> home page saying "ask to join group" - this leads to a form to fill in
> which presumably sends an email to the moderators.
>
> --¬* Tim L
>
> On Friday, November 12, 2021 at 12:16:32 PM UTC Hugo Kornelis wrote:
>
> Apparently the postmaster rejeection message got delayed because
> my ISP flagged it as potential spam. Go figure.
>
> Sent within seconds after my attempt to mail the group, this was
> the delivery falied message:
>
>
> Hellohu... (AT) juti (DOT) nl,
>
> We're writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (dixonary) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group. A few more details on why you weren't able to post:
>
> * You might have spelled or formatted the group name incorrectly.
> * The owner of the group may have removed this group.
> * You may need to join the group before receiving permission to post.
> * This group may not be open to posting.
>
> If you have questions related to this or any other Google Group, visit the Help Center athttps://groups.google.com/support/.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Google Groups
>
>
>
> In other words, at this time and with the current group
> configuration new players need to do "something" to sign up before
> they can send messages to the group.
>
>
> Cheers,
> Hugo
>
>
>
> Op 11-11-2021 om 21:41 schreef Paul Keating:
>> Go for it, Hugo.
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the
>> Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
>> send an email to dixonary+u... (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
>> To view this discussion on the web visit
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...mail.gmail.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dixonary/CAHViCzA9-zx43fN_J5MO2wus3Tcmp0FFXZDunvBLgrk7%3DwCa%3Dg%40ma il.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Dixonary" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
> an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...oglegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dixonary/ab4893a7-24df-4c26-81b0-193601e51346n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email& utm_source=footer>.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...40perFact.info.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old November 13th, 2021, 05:15 AM
Tim Lodge
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: [Dixonary] players

On my tablet, the home page is at https://groups.google.com/g/dixonary and
the 'ask to join' link is at the top of the page, next to the group title.

-- Tim L

On Saturday, November 13, 2021 at 1:10:48 AM UTC shani.... (AT) gmail (DOT) com wrote:

> Hi Tim
>
> Can you send me the URL for that link, so I can use it when I'm trying to
> attract new players.
>
> thanks
> Shani
>
>
> On Sat, Nov 13, 2021 at 1:35 AM Tim Lodge <d... (AT) timlodge (DOT) co.uk> wrote:
>
>> If I go to the Dixonary Group on the Web using a different Google account
>> to the one I have registered, I see a link at the top of the home page
>> saying "ask to join group" - this leads to a form to fill in which
>> presumably sends an email to the moderators.
>>
>> -- Tim L
>>
>> On Friday, November 12, 2021 at 12:16:32 PM UTC Hugo Kornelis wrote:
>>
>>> Apparently the postmaster rejeection message got delayed because my ISP
>>> flagged it as potential spam. Go figure.
>>>
>>> Sent within seconds after my attempt to mail the group, this was the
>>> delivery falied message:
>>>
>>>
>>> Hello hu... (AT) juti (DOT) nl,
>>>
>>> We're writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (dixonary) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group. A few more details on why you weren't able to post:
>>>
>>> * You might have spelled or formatted the group name incorrectly.
>>> * The owner of the group may have removed this group.
>>> * You may need to join the group before receiving permission to post.
>>> * This group may not be open to posting.
>>>
>>> If you have questions related to this or any other Google Group, visit the Help Center at https://groups.google.com/support/.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Google Groups
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> In other words, at this time and with the current group configuration
>>> new players need to do "something" to sign up before they can send messages
>>> to the group.
>>>
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Hugo
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Op 11-11-2021 om 21:41 schreef Paul Keating:
>>>
>>> Go for it, Hugo.
>>>
>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>> Groups "Dixonary" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>> an email to dixonary+u... (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
>>>
>>> To view this discussion on the web visit
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...mail.gmail.com
>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dixonary/CAHViCzA9-zx43fN_J5MO2wus3Tcmp0FFXZDunvBLgrk7%3DwCa%3Dg%40ma il.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>> .
>>>
>>>
>>> --

>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Dixonary" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to dixonary+u... (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
>>

> To view this discussion on the web visit
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...oglegroups.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dixonary/ab4893a7-24df-4c26-81b0-193601e51346n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email& utm_source=footer>
>> .
>>

>


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...oglegroups.com.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.