Go Back   Tapcis Web Forums > Open Forums > The Parlor

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 18th, 2017, 01:03 AM
Efrem Mallach

Default [Dixonary] Round 2788 word: LEAPYEAT

It never rains but it pours!

The word for Round 278 (barring too many disqualifications) is

************* LEAPYEAT **************

where the capitalization doesn’t indicate anything, and where the last letter is not a typo for "R." If you know what it means, please tell me by private e-mail. If too many people know it I’ll deal another word.

We're in Israel now, with generally good Internet access, so the dealing and voting periods should be reasonable. However, our next stop is the one place where I'm not 100% certain of that (southern end of the Dead Sea). So, if nothing is posted for some time after the deadline, that's almost certainly the reason. Please be patient. I'll accept definitions after the deadline if I haven't posted the list yet. We'll be at a friend's apartment 24 hours later. I'm sure she has a good Internet connection there.

Anyhow, please concoct a fake definition of LEAPYEAT and send it to emallach(at)verizon(dot)net in the next 38 or so hours; that is, by 10 pm Israel time on Sunday, March 19. Israel is not yet on summer time, so that's also:

1 pm in U.S. PDT
3 pm in U.S. CDT
4 pm in U.S. EDT
8 pm in the UK
9 pm on the Continent
9 am on Mon., March 20, in New Zealand

and other times in other places. The recommendation to confirm your time conversion applies even more strongly than usual at this time of year.

Please do NOT use my emallach(at)umassd(dot)edu address to send definitions (or for anything else at this point). That email system is going through a software conversion. I have to switch to the new system, and there are some issues that I can't deal with from here. Definitions sent to that address will go into a black hole, to emerge only when I've been back home for a while after the 26th. If your email software fills in my address automatically when you type the beginning of my name or of the address, please confirm that it is the verizon(dot) net address given above and change it if necessary.

Also, as usual, don’t Reply to this message with your definition, as that will publish it to the group.

New players are welcome! Full rules at http://www.dixonary.net/game-rules-and-advice/rules <http://www.dixonary.net/game-rules-and-advice/rules> .

Efrem

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.