TapcisForum  

Go Back   Tapcis Web Forums > Open Forums > The Parlor

Old July 15th, 2019, 09:33 AM
Debbie

Default [Dixonary] My vote

8 and 3 please

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...mail.gmail.com.
  View Parent  #2  
Old July 15th, 2019, 09:42 AM
Guerri Stevens

Default Re: [Dixonary] My vote

I have no idea how to operate in the new Thunderbird and so I apologize
for this. I tried to post it already, but it didn't work. Perhaps some
kind person will fix it.

Here is my question: can a person be forced to have a medical treatment
she doesn't want. I am not talking about infectious diseases, required
vaccinations, or anything like that. I know I should ask an attorney,
but she doesn't work on Mondays so I will have to wait at least one day
to ask her.

--Guerri

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...rristevens.com.
  View Parent  #3  
Old July 15th, 2019, 10:34 AM
Judy Madnick

It worked this time!

Original message
From: "Guerri Stevens" <guerri (AT) guerristevens (DOT) com>
To: dixonary (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com;
Dated: 7/15/2019 10:42:26 AM
Subject: Re: [Dixonary] My vote

I have no idea how to operate in the new Thunderbird and so I apologize
for this. I tried to post it already, but it didn't work. Perhaps some
kind person will fix it.

Here is my question: can a person be forced to have a medical treatment
she doesn't want. I am not talking about infectious diseases, required
vaccinations, or anything like that. I know I should ask an attorney,
but she doesn't work on Mondays so I will have to wait at least one day
to ask her.

--Guerri

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...rristevens.com.

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...APTOP-BV6VBI87.
  View Parent  #4  
Old July 15th, 2019, 10:59 AM
'Efrem G Mallach' via Dixonary

Guerri,

As I understand it, and I am not a lawyer, in the U.S. a mentally competent adult who is able to make decisions may refuse medical treatment for herself unless that refusal creates a risk to others. If the adult is not able to make decisions, the holder of her health care proxy may refuse treatment on her behalf. These rights override medical professionals' duty of care.

A child is not considered competent to refuse treatment, and an adult who refuses treatment on behalf of a child can be charged with child abuse - or potentially a more serious crime if the child passes away.

Specifics may vary from state to state. People who do not want their child to be treated in a particular way have moved from one state to another to find a legal climate that is more supportive of parental rights in this regard. Laws outside the U.S. may differ from the above in fundamental way. Where is this person located, is she an adult, and (if so) would a court (if it came to that) find her to be competent?

On a completely unrelated topic, I haven't seen your vote for KILDERKIN definitions yet. The deadline is still more than a day away, so you have plenty of time, but eight players have already voted. Did you get the list?

Efrem

> Original message
> From: "Guerri Stevens" <guerri (AT) guerristevens (DOT) com>
> To: dixonary (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com;
> Dated: 7/15/2019 10:42:26 AM
> Subject: Re: [Dixonary] My vote
>
> I have no idea how to operate in the new Thunderbird and so I apologize for this. I tried to post it already, but it didn't work. Perhaps some kind person will fix it.
>
> Here is my question: can a person be forced to have a medical treatment she doesn't want. I am not talking about infectious diseases, required vaccinations, or anything like that. I know I should ask an attorney, but she doesn't work on Mondays so I will have to wait at least one day to ask her.
>
>
> --Guerri

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...%40verizon.net.