View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2020, 10:55 AM
Daniel B Widdis

Default [Dixonary] Round 3102: Vote for OBOF

With a slight delay due to me choosing to sleep in on the first day of a three-day weekend, here we have a baker’s dozen offerings for obof.Â* I have made minor alterations to capitalization, punctuation, and emphasis, whilst striving to preserve the content of all definitions.

You know the drill:Â* vote for two definitions of your choice (without looking it up!) before the deadline.Â* Given the long holiday weekend in the US I’ll set the deadline in 46 hours, on Monday Sept 7 at 7am PDT, which is 10am EDT. That's 1400 UTC, 3pm BST in the UK, 4pm CEST in the Netherlands, midnight AEST in Melbourne, and early Tuesday morning at 2 am NZST in Wellington.Â* I’ll check at about the 36 hour point and close early if all submitters have voted, and might sleep in again, should you find yourself shortly after the deadline still wanting to cast a vote.

*** OBOF ***

1. a tribal people of the Sahel region of western Africa, principally in parts of Mali and Burkina Faso.

2. [Acronym] Original Beans from Organic Farms (originally Original Beef from Organic Farms).

3. someone with similar views and lifestyle (prob. from Birds Of a Feather)..

4. a felt high boot of a type worn by Russians. [Ru. обувь 'footwear']

5. Wishful sailor acronym for "overboard officer floating."

6. A narrow-brimmed straw hat.

7. a skip in Irish curling.

8. A deep ravine.

9. [Rare] an inferior follower or imitator.

10. [joc. Military] an Old Buffer Over Forty.

11. [Malay] a sharply curved short sword or machete.

12. A Bulgarian unit of currency, one-hundredth of a lev; a coin of this value.

13. a small, pointed instrument for making holes in cloth, leather, etc.; a bodkin.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixonary+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/di...40dixonary.net.