View Single Post
  View Parent  #6  
Old June 21st, 2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKnepper View Post
Thank you, David, for the info.

I'm still hoping to find a consultant to assemble the new system but I'm trying to learn as much as possible.

Bob - from Anaheim, Calif.
I would recommend taking a serious look at free Google email service:

1. you can read your email ON THE WEB (browser) when you are away from home or away from the office without your own computer (e.g. at a library, Internet kiosk, Internet cafe).

2. Google email can download your Compuserve Classic email by the standard POP3 email protocol.

3. instead you could tell Google to forward your Google email to Compuserve, so you could read your email addressed to you at Google either on Compuserve, or Google, or both.

4. Google spam protection is much better than Classic Compuserve

5. Google allows you 6,000+ megabyte of online storage for your email

6. Google's ability to search your online database of email is probably much more powerful and flexible than TAPCIS

Note that if you get DSL and still want to keep your Compuserve Classic email you may be able to go to a Pay As You Go Plan or Lite Plan on Compuserve Classic that are about $2.95/mo. and $4.95/mo. respectively (used to be anyway). However, doing so may require giving up TAPCIS for download and upload of email, unless you can keep TAPCIS online time under 60 mins or 3 hrs respectively per mo.

Whatever you do, definitely DO NOT change over to the new Compuserve system (CS2000 or whatever they call it)!