Tapcis Web Forums

Tapcis Web Forums (http://www.tapcis.com/forums/index.php)
-   Requests for Access (http://www.tapcis.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Access (http://www.tapcis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3563)

parisrose October 2nd, 2006 07:25 PM

Access

How does one request access for restricted sites?

Judy G. Russell October 3rd, 2006 12:01 AM

For the members only sections of this forum, you ask for it right here, identifying yourself well enough for us to say yes or no.

parisrose October 23rd, 2006 08:41 PM

I am a new user of Tapcis Forum and was referred to it in a reference book. I would like to be allowed access to the members only section. I am not sure how to identify myself; I am a productive member of society in general, have raised two children to their now latter teens without losing it along the way, and am in general, a nice person with a thirst for knowledge. I have also made a contribution for dragon food! Please let me know if you need more qualifications! Thanks!

Judy G. Russell October 24th, 2006 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parisrose
I am a new user of Tapcis Forum and was referred to it in a reference book. I would like to be allowed access to the members only section. I am not sure how to identify myself; I am a productive member of society in general, have raised two children to their now latter teens without losing it along the way, and am in general, a nice person with a thirst for knowledge. I have also made a contribution for dragon food! Please let me know if you need more qualifications! Thanks!

Anybody who contributes to dragon food qualifies in my book! But oh MY! We're in a reference book? Do we need to worry about midnight visits from some government agency???

parisrose October 25th, 2006 08:21 PM

I should have said there was a reference to the forum in a book I read! Don't think the government agencies will worry about it!

Judy G. Russell October 25th, 2006 11:07 PM

Quote:

I should have said there was a reference to the forum in a book I read! Don't think the government agencies will worry about it!

Whew... I was getting worried... uh, is that ... er... um... a black helicopter hovering overhead???

davidh October 26th, 2006 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judy G. Russell
Whew... I was getting worried... uh, is that ... er... um... a black helicopter hovering overhead???

In case you are interested, I guestimate that the tourist fare for Russian black helicopters is lower than for space flight. Please post some photos, if you go. Perhaps you might be over age to receive jump pay, but for an extra fee and signing additional waver, they would probably supply you with parachute and bus trip from the drop zone back to departure point.

DH

Jeff October 26th, 2006 01:01 PM

Quote:

I should have said there was a reference to the forum in a book I read!

I can't stand it. What was the book?

- Jeff

Judy G. Russell October 26th, 2006 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidh
for an extra fee and signing additional waver, they would probably supply you with parachute and bus trip from the drop zone back to departure point.

There is no way in God's green earth I would jump out of a perfectly good aircraft. If there's something wrong with the aircraft, I'd at least consider it. But a perfectly good aircraft? Uh-uh. Not me.

Judy G. Russell October 26th, 2006 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff
I can't stand it. What was the book?

Are we sure we want to know???

Jeff October 27th, 2006 12:52 PM

Quote:

Are we sure we want to know???

Self defense, past tense?

- Jeff

Judy G. Russell October 27th, 2006 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff
Self defense, past tense?

I suppose, but...

Lindsey January 17th, 2007 11:32 PM

Why did this thread suddenly show up in my "new messages" list?

--Lindsey

Oh, never mind -- now I understand. Spammer. %$@#!

Judy G. Russell January 17th, 2007 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindsey
Why did this thread suddenly show up in my "new messages" list? Oh, never mind -- now I understand. Spammer. %$@#!

One of the reasons why we're investigating the software update. Much better anti spam tools.

Lindsey January 18th, 2007 12:14 AM

Quote:

One of the reasons why we're investigating the software update. Much better anti spam tools.

If Shakespeare were alive today, his famous quote would have been rendered, "The first thing we do, let's kill all the spammers."

--Lindsey

ktinkel January 18th, 2007 09:01 AM

Quote:

Not to add any pressure, but since our original (paid-for) updata to 3.6, I updated DTP to 3.6.4, with help from Ann, and it wasn’t bad. I will be glad to help you when you’re ready; imagine Ann will be too.

It doesn’t get rid of all the spammers, btw, but the Prevent Spam plug-in does prevent members from seeing the posts (they are sent to Moderation) until we can move them, ban the miscreant, and then delete the posts. Very tidy. Of course, we get from 2 to 8 a day, so we are motivated!

Judy G. Russell January 18th, 2007 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktinkel
Not to add any pressure, but since our original (paid-for) updata to 3.6, I updated DTP to 3.6.4, with help from Ann, and it wasn’t bad. I will be glad to help you when you’re ready; imagine Ann will be too.

Thanks. I'm in the process of testing the upgrade on my personal site, with particular emphasis on the Tapcis-Coryphaeus mail echo we set up for the Parlor. If that works and works well, then we'll go ahead with the upgrade.

ktinkel January 18th, 2007 09:13 AM

Quote:

Thanks. I'm in the process of testing the upgrade on my personal site, with particular emphasis on the Tapcis-Coryphaeus mail echo we set up for the Parlor. If that works and works well, then we'll go ahead with the upgrade.

Sounds good.