Tapcis Web Forums

Tapcis Web Forums (http://www.tapcis.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forum Use and Help (http://www.tapcis.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tapcis.com email accounts (http://www.tapcis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73)

MollyM/CA June 11th, 2005 04:27 PM

I'm not sure I trust someone whose eyes are propped open with toothpicks to change a password!

Seriously, the problem somehow evaporated. Not long after I posted here the next pass by Mailwasher picked up the test message and Pegasus downloaded it without a murmur. I'll bear the password in mind for next time though --thanks.

Judy G. Russell June 11th, 2005 04:43 PM

I absolutely loathe intermittent transient problems. I have a rattle in my car that never, repeat never, occurs when it's in being serviced...

MollyM/CA June 12th, 2005 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judy G. Russell
I absolutely loathe intermittent transient problems. I have a rattle in my car that never, repeat never, occurs when it's in being serviced...

We have something in OUR car that makes it cough and stall as soon as you get too far to push it back into the driveway in cold and/or damp weather. You can park it at the repair place in lean-out-the-door fog and it won't do it. The time it did they couldn't find it, and they work only on Toyota and they're good.

If you see a 91 Toyota Camry for sale in the Modesto area in the middle of summer, don't buy it.

Judy G. Russell June 12th, 2005 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MollyM/CA
If you see a 91 Toyota Camry for sale in the Modesto area in the middle of summer, don't buy it.

ROFL!! I had a '91 Camry too. Traded it in on the Audi in 1998. I tend to buy a new car every seven years or so, whether I need it or not. Which reminds me... the Audi is now seven years old...

Mike June 13th, 2005 01:31 AM

Quote:

the Audi is now seven years old...

And barely broken in.

Wayne Scott June 13th, 2005 12:01 PM

Will you be kind enough to change my forum name to "Wayne Scott" rather than "curm." The latter is not a good description of a sweet charming old gentleman of kindly manners and a lovable attitude.
Thank you so very much,
Curm

MollyM/CA June 13th, 2005 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curm
Will you be kind enough to change my forum name to "Wayne Scott" rather than "curm." The latter is not a good description of a sweet charming old gentleman of kindly manners and a lovable attitude.
Thank you so very much,
Curm

A WHAAAAAATTTTT!!!!

Judy G. Russell June 13th, 2005 05:24 PM

Too true! It's only got 100,000 miles on it!

Judy G. Russell June 13th, 2005 05:27 PM

Now charming you may be, but sweet???

Nonetheless, name change accomplished. We can always give you a special title as Forum Curmudgeon...

Mike June 14th, 2005 03:50 PM

It should be good for another 250,000 miles, at least.

Judy G. Russell June 14th, 2005 03:52 PM

The only hitch I'm running into is that repairs and maintenance are verrrrrrrry expensive. Everything after the expiration of the warranty... of course...

bob(mc) August 21st, 2005 04:26 AM

Quote:

That's because you always empty the junk out of your car when getting it serviced Judy :)

bob(mc) August 21st, 2005 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MollyM/CA
A WHAAAAAATTTTT!!!!

:eek: That was my reaction too, Molly :rolleyes:

bob(mc) August 21st, 2005 04:36 AM

Quote:

The reason why you're getting that message is, ahem, you haven't yet responded to the email message asking you to choose which name@tapcis.com you'd like to have. So no email account has been set up for you yet. As soon as you choose an account name and let us know by return email, we'll set it up toot sweet or even earlier.

Judy,

I've just sent a msg to name@tapcis.com and it bounced <name@tapcis.com>:
Sorry, no mailbox here by that name.

Obviously I'm still a simpleton at this game.

Maybe I have to log off and see an e-mail before I am reistered properlike.
Now I'm wondering whether I'll be able to find my way back onto the board again :confused:

Mayb

Judy G. Russell August 21st, 2005 10:20 AM

I do not! Well... maybe the empty beer bottles....

Judy G. Russell August 21st, 2005 10:23 AM

You should be registered just fine, Bob, but being registered here isn't what gets you a tapcis.com email address of your very own. To get that little perk, you have to make a donation, of whatever size, to keeping this forum and website up and running. Details here.