Tapcis Web Forums

Tapcis Web Forums (http://www.tapcis.com/forums/index.php)
-   Requests for Access (http://www.tapcis.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Requests for Access (http://www.tapcis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20)

Steve Dixon August 8th, 2011 06:04 PM

I keep losing you guys and then I poke around on an idle day and find the old TapCIS crowd still at it. I have been out of it for a lo-o-ong time. On CIS I was, believe it or not 70012,666. Yep! The "Number of the Beast." They gave it to me, I didn't ask for that.

I would like access, if that's okay. I will try to be more of a regular. Love to play a little Dixonary again.

Mike August 13th, 2011 04:07 AM

You should be all set now, Steve.

Apologies for the tardiness in responding. We all seem to be a bit diverted these days!

Junix December 25th, 2011 01:06 AM

So, to get access do you flaunt your pedigree or something?

I was a Tapcis nee Zapcis user / Sysop who took care of a slow enough forum that it left me enough time to waste elsewhere on CIS. One of those places was Section 7 in Tapcis. It was a very long time ago, so memory is a bit foggy, but I'm pretty sure that it was Claude Bitner, the Brothers Davis, and myself chattering about something that was so off the wall that Howard opened up Section 8 just for us. I all but want to say it was the first Kard Komments thread, and I know that Snow Tires 2 or 4 got moved there, but I am all but positive it was the four of us going on about something that made us all eligible for a discharge.

I remember when Dixonary started, and I believe I won one of the rounds in the single digits, and had a heck of a time with my obligation of starting the new round within 72 hours. I was just moving to get engaged when it all fired up.

I'd love to get access to Section 8 here, just to say I have it, even though it is likely moving at a crawl or slower. Section 8 and the Tapcis Forum were a golden age for me online. Great memories.

Steve Dixon December 31st, 2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junix (Post 70152)
So, to get access do you flaunt your pedigree or something?

I was a Tapcis nee Zapcis user / Sysop who took care of a slow enough forum that it left me enough time to waste elsewhere on CIS. One of those places was Section 7 in Tapcis. It was a very long time ago, so memory is a bit foggy, but I'm pretty sure that it was Claude Bitner, the Brothers Davis, and myself chattering about something that was so off the wall that Howard opened up Section 8 just for us. I all but want to say it was the first Kard Komments thread, and I know that Snow Tires 2 or 4 got moved there, but I am all but positive it was the four of us going on about something that made us all eligible for a discharge.

I remember when Dixonary started, and I believe I won one of the rounds in the single digits, and had a heck of a time with my obligation of starting the new round within 72 hours. I was just moving to get engaged when it all fired up.

I'd love to get access to Section 8 here, just to say I have it, even though it is likely moving at a crawl or slower. Section 8 and the Tapcis Forum were a golden age for me online. Great memories.

Did you get fixed up?

Junix December 31st, 2011 07:35 PM

You know what? I don't know! Is there another Section 8 here?

Dan in Saint Louis January 1st, 2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junix (Post 70297)
You know what? I don't know! Is there another Section 8 here?

There is, but the most recent post was January 23, 2011.

Who is still active here who has administrative privileges to deal with access requests, etc?

sidney January 2nd, 2012 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junix (Post 70152)
I'd love to get access to Section 8 here

If I did this right you now have access. I do see "Member" under your name in your posts where it used to say "Registered User", so something has changed.

jsreckley June 1st, 2012 11:00 PM

I don't check in as often as I should. But as a TapCis user from long ago, may I have section 8 access?
Thanks for your help.

Steve Dixon June 11th, 2012 03:18 PM

I don't handle this but I was curious if you got any response.

Mike July 31st, 2012 03:10 AM

If I did it correctly, you should be set now. Apologies that your message wasn't seen by a moderator before now. Real life keeps interfering!

Tom Conroy April 5th, 2014 10:09 AM

Haven't been here in years but started feeling nostalgic for my old CIS days. I found my way back here and found that... Wow... My old password worked.

Hoping to reconnect with old friends. I would love to have access to the private areas. I hope to talk to you soon.

Thanks, Tom

McFoo July 10th, 2016 06:50 PM

Hey Judy - Eons later, I've decided that I miss the Dungeon etc. Can you let me back in? Thanks. Janie