Tapcis Web Forums

Tapcis Web Forums (http://www.tapcis.com/forums/index.php)
-   Keeping in Touch (http://www.tapcis.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   In case you're wondering.... (http://www.tapcis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24)

annc May 27th, 2005 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franca
There's a certain similarity between our avatars as well....

There is indeed. And we were both OzWin users, staff on DTP...

Franca May 27th, 2005 11:54 PM

We're following each other all around cyberspace. :)

jackofshadows May 29th, 2005 03:08 AM

Oh, I've been online. I just haven't been stopping by PCIS much these days; maybe once a month. That interface, even with my custom .css file and every hack I can throw at it is simply impossible with a slow dial-up. Mostly you'll find me teasing the bears over at SlashDot and a few other places here and there.

These days I'm spending most of my time beating up software for MS and a few others that I can't talk about. It gives me something to do and who knows, they might actually fix some things. [Yeah, right!]

Judy G. Russell May 29th, 2005 09:31 AM

I simply can't imagine PCIS on dial-up... Ewwwww.....

MollyM/CA May 29th, 2005 02:24 PM

Horses are so cute when they talk to each other.

MollyM/CA May 29th, 2005 02:28 PM

Just noticed your signature --I didn't know you knew my husband!

woodswell May 29th, 2005 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MollyM/CA
Horses are so cute when they talk to each other.

And here's another one! We're gonna have an entire herd here :D
Is the horse in your avatar yours? Is it a buckskin?
Anne

jackofshadows May 30th, 2005 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judy G. Russell
I simply can't imagine PCIS on dial-up... Ewwwww.....

Well, it sure ain't fun, despite hacking the thing to death and using all the widgets that I have to accelerate it. Maybe someday I'll have high-speed and I'll stop by regularly but somehow I doubt it. To much (like) work just to keep in touch. This place is still the web with the attendent requirements for online and all, but at least it is pretty responsive and visually uncluttered. It gets even easier as I learn to fly the interface. Not bad. Not bad at all.

jackofshadows May 30th, 2005 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MollyM/CA
Just noticed your signature --I didn't know you knew my husband!

Well, perhaps not your husband, but the general class? Yep. We even had specialized classes of them (they do come in sub-species) in the US Navy ;). Actually, I lifted this one off of SlashDot; I have a whole file of nothing but great taglines, some I made up myself, others patently stolen. Every once in a while I switch them around.

MarteB May 30th, 2005 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estherschindler
Mr. Handyman nailed the fans to the ceiling. Then he used several lengths of 8' lamp cord ("zip cord," Bill calls it) and affixed them to the ceiling, then down the wall to the light switch. Not that the light switch actually turns on the fan, that is (except in one room); that's just where he got the electricity.

Uh oh... I think Mr. Handyman must have been related to some previous owner of this house, 'cause the ceiling light in our living room was installed in much the same way. Only our "Mr. Handyman" ran a length of zip cord through the attic and poked it down through a hole in the center of the ceiling to hang the chandelier from. Swell idea for a heavy chandelier hanging from a 12" vaulted ceiling!

How you doing otherwise, Esther? Long time no see!

jackofshadows May 31st, 2005 06:54 AM

{Waving} Hiya Marte!

Tom Conroy June 1st, 2005 01:21 AM

Hey Stu. Not sure if you remember me. I didn't post much in the Tap Forum, but remember you from the old SafetyNet days. Not in the security biz anymore?

I retired 1/04 (we're all getting a bit "up there.") Bruce W just retired in April. (Is he here?)

I'll try to post a bit more when I get the hang of these threads. Another board I visit uses this software, but it's implemented a bit differently.

(Now where did I put that old TapCis serial number?) :)

Tom